It’s no secret that siding is an important part of your home. Not only does it add aesthetic appeal, it protects your home from the elements. Unfortunately, siding can sometimes be susceptible to leaks. If you’re not sure whether or not your siding has a leak, there are a few signs you can look for.
Why look for siding leaks? What should you do if you find one? How can you prevent leaks from happening in the first place? Why is it important to hire a professional siding company for repairs or replacement?
Why Worry About Leaks?
Siding leaks can cause a variety of problems, the most common of which is water damage. If left untreated, water damage can lead to wood rot and even mold growth. In some cases, it can also cause your home’s structure to weaken, which could lead to more expensive repairs down the road. That’s why it’s important to address any leaks as soon as you find them.
How To Prevent Leaks
There are a few things you can do to help prevent leaks in your siding:
- Inspect your siding regularly for signs of wear and tear.
- Keep trees and branches trimmed away from the home’s exterior.
- Make sure the siding is properly sealed and caulked.
- Install gutter guards to keep leaves and other debris from clogging the gutters.
- Regularly clean the gutters and downspouts to ensure proper drainage.
What if I Think I Have a Leak?
If you think you may have a leak in your siding, there are a few things you can do to investigate:
- Look for wet or discolored spots on the siding itself.
- Check for pooled water around the foundation of your home.
- Inspect the roofing area above where the siding is installed.
- Look for water stains on the interior walls of your home.
If you find any of these signs, you likely have a leak in your siding. The next step is to determine where the leak is coming from and take appropriate action. Leaks can occur anywhere along the siding, from the foundation to the roof. If you’re not sure where the leak is coming from, it’s best to call in a professional siding company like WNY Company for assistance. We will be able to inspect your home and determine the source of the leak.
Once the source of the leak has been identified, repairing or replacing the siding may be needed. However, if water damage has already occurred, more extensive repairs may be necessary.
At WNY Company, we understand the importance of your home’s siding. That’s why we offer a variety of services to address any problems you may have, including repairs and replacement. If you think you may have a siding leak, please give us a call today at (716)776-7663!