The leaves are changing color and the temperature is dropping – winter is coming! As you
prepare your home for the cold weather, don’t forget to check your roof. A roof that isn’t in good
condition can lead to a lot of expensive damage during the winter months. Here are 5 tips for
checking your roof before the winter season comes.
- Check for missing, damaged, or loose shingles. If you see any damage, it’s important to get it repaired before the winter weather hits. Loose or missing shingles can cause leaks, and ice dams can form on damaged roofs.
- Inspect your gutters and downspouts. Make sure that your gutters are clean and free of debris. Clogged gutters can cause water to back up and damage your roof.
- Check for cracks or holes in the roof. These can be caused by age, weather, or insects. If left unrepaired, they can lead to bigger problems down the road.
- Look for signs of water damage. Water stains on the ceiling or walls can indicate a roof leak. If you see any water damage, it’s important to get it repaired as soon as possible.
- Have your roof inspected by a professional. Once a year, it’s a good idea to have your roof inspected by a professional roofer. They will be able to spot any problems that you might have missed.
By following these tips, you can help keep your roof in good condition and avoid expensive
repairs. Don’t wait until winter to check your roof – start checking it now!
Your roof is one of the most important parts of your home, so it’s important to take care of it. By
following these tips, you can help ensure that your roof will be in good condition when the winter
weather comes. If you do decide it is time for a new roof, contact us today at WNY Company.
We can help with all your roofing and gutter needs.